Back Pain Treatments in New Jersey
If your back pain prevents you from completing everyday tasks and enjoying life to the fullest, Bergen Pain Management can help. Our practice is home to Dr. Thomas Ragukonis, an award-winning and highly experienced back pain doctor who utilizes cutting-edge, minimally invasive treatments. He serves Northern New Jersey from three locations in Paramus, West New York, and Union, providing relief from discomfort and restoring functionality to patients with a variety of conditions.
Conditions that May Cause Back Pain
Back pain is not itself a condition, but rather a symptom. Bergen Pain Management specializes in identifying the source of your discomfort to resolve pain and the problems causing it. We comprehensively evaluate your condition using state-of-the-art equipment and work with you to determine the cause of your pain, including:
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS): Though surgical intervention can often resolve back pain, it is not always effective. FBSS describes pain that appears, returns, or persists after unsuccessful surgery.
- Lumbar Slipped Disc: Spinal discs cushion the gaps between vertebrae. Slippage occurs when the disc bulges outward, putting pressure on the nerve and causing discomfort and other symptoms.
- Lumbar Herniated Disc: Occasionally, a spinal disc may also herniate, or tear. This allows the soft nucleus to leak out through the rupture, pinching the nerves around it.
- Lumbar Radiculopathy: This term refers to nerves that become pinched or compressed due to stenosis, a bone spur, or disc herniation.
- Lumbar Spine Degenerative Joint Disease: Also known as osteoarthritis, this condition occurs when cartilage breaks down and can no longer protect a joint.
- Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease: This age-related condition is caused by the gradual breakdown of spinal discs, resulting in stiffness and pinched nerves.
- Lumbar Sprain: Your spine’s mobility is made possible by a collection of ligaments that hold vertebrae together. When one of these ligaments stretches or tears, it causes a condition called a sprain.
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome: This refers to back pain that returns or persists after a laminectomy, which is a surgery designed to reduce pressure on spinal nerves.
- Spinal Stenosis: Wear-and-tear, injuries, and previous procedures can cause the spaces within your spine to narrow, putting pressure on the nerves that travel through.
How Our Back Pain Doctor Can Help
Millions of Americans struggle with back pain every year, and high-quality, comprehensive treatment is essential to relieve their discomfort and restore their quality of life. At Bergen Pain Management, Dr. Ragukonis offers more than 25 years of experience in minimally invasive treatments for back pain, ensuring patients get the advanced care they deserve. He’s also familiar with the latest spinal procedures and intervention technologies, including:
- Endoscopic discectomy or foraminotomy
- Endoscopic and percutaneous decompression
- Spinal cord stimulators
- Minimally invasive spine fusion
- Transforaminal, interlaminar, or caudal steroid injections
- Epidural lysis of adhesions
- Radiofrequency ablation
- And more…
Dr. Ragukonis and his team are known for their compassionate bedside manner, helping patients feel at ease while undergoing treatments. We focus on the individual and will help you understand your condition and the treatments available. With advanced diagnostic methods and your insights, we’ll develop and implement a personalized treatment plan that addresses your unique needs. This commitment to patient-focused care helps you feel at ease with the process and delivers a higher standard of treatment.