Neck Pain Treatments in New Jersey
Our necks are strong, but also complex. When injuries, aging, and other issues lead to discomfort, it’s important to work with a trusted neck pain doctor to understand what’s causing your pain and how to find relief. With offices in Paramus, West New York, and Union, New Jersey, Dr. Thomas Ragukonis of Bergen Pain Management has helped countless people overcome neck pain with advanced, minimally invasive treatments that help restore your quality of life.
Conditions We Treat
While it may seem to occur overnight or without cause, neck pain doesn’t appear on its own. Instead, it presents as a symptom of other conditions that affect the bones, tendons, ligaments, and nerves in the neck. If you’ve been experiencing neck pain, Dr. Ragukonis will perform a comprehensive analysis to identify its source and the most effective course of treatment. Bergen Pain Management diagnoses and treats a wide range of conditions that cause neck pain, including:
- Failed Neck Surgery Syndrome (FNSS): Surgery is an effective treatment for many patients who experience neck pain, but some still fail to find relief. If your pain persists after a surgical procedure, we can provide an alternative treatment.
- Cervical Slipped Disc: When the disc of padding between vertebrae bulges out of place, it can put pressure on nearby nerves that eventually leads to neck pain.
- Cervical Herniated Disc: Spinal discs can also rupture or tear. This creates a gap through which the soft nucleus material can leak, also causing discomfort.
- Cervical Radiculopathy: Slipped or herniated discs, bone spurs, and stenosis may result in radiculopathy, a condition that describes a severely pinched or compressed spinal nerve.
- Cervical Spine Degenerative Joint Disease: Degenerative joint disease is also called osteoarthritis and occurs when the cartilage padding your bones breaks down.
- Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease: This age-related condition occurs when stiff, brittle spinal discs can no longer effectively pad the spine.
- Cervical Sprain: The ligaments that bind your vertebrae together and allow flexibility can easily stretch or tear during an accident. Sudden backward and forward movements of the neck and head, called whiplash, can also lead to cervical sprains.
Our Services for Neck Pain
All patients coping with neck pain deserve caring, high-quality treatment. That’s why as an experienced neck pain doctor, Dr. Ragukonis delivers compassionate, patient-focused care to every patient he works with. After a thorough examination and diagnosis, he’ll take the time needed to make sure you understand your condition and the full range of treatments available at Bergen Pain Management. Next, he’ll work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan utilizing the most appropriate non-invasive procedures offered by our practice, including:
- Endoscopic discectomy or foraminotomy
- Spinal cord stimulators
- Minimally invasive spine fusion
- Facet joint injections
- Epidural lysis of adhesions
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Stellate ganglion blocks
- And more…
We also provide more conservative treatments, such as using a brace to rest the neck or taking anti-inflammatory medications. Physical therapy can also help rebuild strength and flexibility, eliminating pain when you move your neck, and we can suggest lifestyle changes that can help prevent future discomfort.